Parks & Recreation
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATIOn
- Preschool – Preschool, a program that met throughout the pandemic in the fall of 2020 and winter of 2021 (per authorization through IDPH and DCFS), continues to meet as scheduled.
- Funtime Junction Daycare – A modified version of the daycare, a program that met throughout the pandemic in the fall of 2020 and winter of 2021 (per authorization through IDPH and DCFS), is accepting reservations for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; 8:00 am-4:00 pm. It is the goal of VPPR to continue to move to a full schedule (open 5 days, 7:30 am-6 pm) of daycare availability. This will take some time but it is a goal. There is a shortage of early childhood teachers. If you or someone you know is interested and have a background in Early Childhood Education and have the credentials required, please submit an .
- Athletic Fields and Courts – All outdoor fields and courts are open for use.
- Playgrounds – All parks and playgrounds are open to the public, including the Skate Park.
- The following in-person classes and programs at the Iowa Community Center have started or will start:
- Saturdays: Youth Basketball Program
- Mondays: Adult Yoga and Martial Arts
- Tuesdays: Adult Tai Chi, Youth All-Star Sports Instruction programs, Fencing
- Wednesdays: Adult Dog Obedience training
- Thursdays: Martial Arts and Women's Volleyball
- Fridays: Futsal
- Adult and Senior programs include the following:
- Birthday Bunch and Lunch
- Lunch on the Lawn – indoors
- Chair Zumba
- Let’s Do Lunch – Carryout
- Watercolor Painting
- Brain Games
- The following classes will continue to be offered online:
- Class Room (room 10 or 12) – capacity of 12
Face coverings must be worn over the mouth and nose at all times, space is limited and parents and participants must maintain a minimum social distance of 6ft inside the Iowa Community Center.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at 630-834-8970. The Iowa Community Center Registration Office returned to pre-pandemic shutdown hours:
Monday – Thursday
8:30 am - 7 pm
8:30 am – 6 pm
9 am – 1 pm
Parks and Recreation Master Plan
View the Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF) passed by the Village Board October 26, 2015.