Part-time Firefighter/Paramedic Job Openings
The Villa Park Fire Department is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic
Apply online for the position. Applications can also be dropped off at Fire Station Number 81 at 1440 South Ardmore or mailed to 20 South Ardmore, Villa Park IL 60181. Please include any certifications with your application. The application period is open-ended.
- Starting pay is $15 per hour. After a successful 3-month probationary period, the salary increases to $16 per hr.
- Candidates will work either 12 or 24-hour shifts based on a shift bidding system.
- Have and maintain a valid Illinois motor vehicle operator's license.
- Be over 21 years of age.
- Possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Take and pass a pre-employment physical examination and background check.
- Be an IDPH licensed EMT-P with the ability to test into the Good Samaritan Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system.
The Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic's main responsibility is the protection of life and property through learned procedures and responses. Work involves performing firefighting duties, as instructed, and to respond to medical emergencies and provide pre-hospital advanced life-support care to victims of injury or illness and make medical decisions based on standing orders, protocols, and direction from medical control.
A significant portion of time is devoted to drilling and studying methods, evolutions, and techniques related to fire suppression and EMS activities. Work is generally performed within explicit instructions and defined procedures. Competent performance requires initiative and a thorough understanding of firefighting, fire prevention and EMS principles and methods.
Along with responding to emergency calls, the Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic is responsible for basic vehicle, equipment, and station maintenance. He/she must also take part in assigned fire department training as well as conducting fire inspections, pre-fire planning, and public education as required.
If additional information is required, please call 630-833-5350 between the hours of 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.