Part-time Firefighter/Paramedic Job Openings
The Villa Park Fire Department is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic. Applications are available at Fire Station 81 located at 1440 S. Ardmore in Villa Park and on the Village of Villa Park website at https://forms.invillapark.com/forms/employment
*Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: public*
Completed applications can be dropped off at Fire Station 81, 1440 S. Ardmore Ave. in Villa Park; mailed to the Villa Park Fire Dept., 20 S. Ardmore, Villa Park IL 60181, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com. The application period will remain open.
• $19.00 per hr. with IDPH EMT-P license.
• $20.00 per hr. with IDPH EMT-P license and Illinois Class B Non-CDL driver’s license Annual Village non-union increase.
• 24 hour shifts, but 12 hour shifts are available
- Obtain a valid Illinois motor vehicle operator's Class B – non CDL license within six months of employment.
- Be over 21 yrs. of age.
- Possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Take and pass a work related pre-employment physical examination and background check.
- Be an IDPH licensed EMT-P with the ability to test into the Good Samaritan EMS system.
- Be a certified Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (Preferred)
The Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic’s main responsibility is the protection of life and property through learned procedures and responses. Work involves performing firefighting duties, as instructed, and to respond to medical emergencies and provide pre-hospital advanced life-support care to victims of injury or illness and make medical decisions based on standing orders, protocols, and direction from medical control.
A significant portion of time is devoted to drilling and studying methods, evolutions, and techniques related to fire suppression and EMS activities. Work is generally performed within explicit instructions and defined procedures. Competent performance requires initiative and a thorough understanding of firefighting, fire prevention and EMS principles and methods.
Along with responding to emergency calls, the Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic is responsible for basic vehicle, equipment, and station maintenance. He/she must also take part in assigned fire department training as well as conducting fire inspections, pre-fire planning, and public education as required.
If additional information is required, please call 630-833-5350 between the hours of 8 – 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday.