Historical Preservation Commission
The Historical Preservation Commission advises the president and board of trustees on matters relating to the preservation of areas, places, sites, buildings, structures, and other objects having a special historical, community, or aesthetic interest, value, or significance to the village.
- Continue to increase the number of historic designations within the village, and maintain a close watch over the historic integrity of historic properties.
- Ensure that policies and decisions on community growth and development respect the village's heritage, and enhance overall livability.
- Establish partnerships with business and community organizations supporting preservation efforts.
- Increase public awareness of historic preservation through education and special programs to build civic pride.
- Strengthen ties with state and county Historical Preservation Commissions.
- To preserve, protect and promote the Village of Villa Park through preservation, public education, community partnerships, and heritage tourism.
- Work with the Chamber of Commerce to promote tourism through historic preservation.
- Carol Marcus - Chair
- Jose Castillo
The members of the Historical Preservation Commission meet at 7:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of February, March, April, May, October, and November. Meetings are held at the Villa Park Historical Society, 220 South Villa Avenue. The community is welcome and encouraged to attend.
AGENDAS & MINUTES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission created a resource center that is available for the community to use. It's located at the Villa Park Historical Museum. Information on Sears mail order houses, architectural house styles, how to research your home, and other topics are among this collection.