Historical Preservation Commission
The six members of the
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Feb. 1, 2018
- March 1, 2018
- April 5, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Oct. 4, 2018
- Nov. 1, 2018
- Carol Marcus (Chair)
- Jose Castillo
The Historical Preservation Commission advises the president and board of trustees on matters relating to the preservation of areas, places, sites, buildings, structures, and other objects having a special historical, community, or aesthetic interest, value, or significance to the village.
- Continue to increase the number of historic designations within the village, and maintain a close watch over the historic integrity of historic properties.
- Ensure that policies and decisions on community growth and development respect the village's heritage, and enhance overall livability.
- Establish partnerships with business and community organizations supporting preservation efforts.
- Increase public awareness of historic preservation through education and special programs to build civic pride.
- Strengthen ties with state and county Historical Preservation Commissions.
- To preserve, protect and promote the Village of Villa Park through preservation, public education, community partnerships, and heritage tourism.
- Work with the Chamber of Commerce to promote tourism through historic preservation.
The Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission, chaired by Carol Marcus, has created a resource center that is available for the community to use. It's located at the Villa Park Historical Museum. Information on Sears