Halloween Trick-or-Treating in Villa Park
The Village of Villa Park's recommended hours for trick-or-treating are Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Consider the following safety tips and ideas for a socially distant Halloween celebration:
- Do not participate in trick-or-treating if you are feeling unwell.
- Face coverings should be worn by all participants over the age of two, including individuals passing out treats.
- Avoid close contact with others by leaving candy on your porch - or even socially distanced on your lawn, driveway, or walkway.
- Offer candy on a disinfected table or use some other method to eliminate direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- If you would prefer to answer the door to greet children individually, pass out candy instead of inviting children to take a treat from a communal bowl. Ask children to tell you their choice of a treat, rather than taking it themselves.
- Do not trick-or-treat in groups with others; trick-or-treat as a household.
- Maintain a safe distance from other trick-or-treating groups, and do not approach a house until the previous group has left.
- Please do not distribute homemade treats or fresh fruits.
- Keep hand sanitizer near your door for you and for trick-or-treaters. Take sanitizer with you when taking your children out to trick-or-treat.
- Make sure your children wash their hands after trick-or-treating especially before eating their candy.
- Turn ON your porch lamp or outdoor lights to show that your home is welcoming trick-or-treaters. Not all families may feel comfortable participating in trick-or-treating this year; teach children not to ring the doorbell if a light is not on.
For residents who do not wish to participate in trick-or treating this year, the Village of Villa Park has a "No Trick-or-Treat" sign you can print and put on your front door to alert potential trick-or treaters. For further questions about Halloween, please contact the Village of Villa Park at 630-834-8500. To print out the "No Trick-or-Treat" flyer below click here.