**ComEd Revision to Overhead Service Attachments Requirements**
ComEd is amending their requirements to Overhead Service Attachments. Effective immediately; ComEd now requires that all new service heads SHALL be located no more the 25’ above the ground AND must be positioned so that the service wire installation has safe access from an extension ladder. The new requirements can be accessed below:
Certificate of Insurance Notice:Please view our change in policy HERE.
Building Permit is Required When the Work Includes but is Not Limited to:
- Any alteration or replacement of any water supply, sewer, drainage, drain leader, gas, soil, waste, vent, or similar piping
- Cutting away of any wall, partition, roof, or portion thereof
- Electrical wiring or mechanical work
- Rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the exit way requirements
- Removal or change of any required means of egress
- Removal or cutting of any structural beam, or bearing support
- Replacement of windows, siding, gutters, and soffit facia
- Decks and patios
- Dog runs
- Handicap ramps / lifts
- Sidewalks, approaches, and curbs
- Swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas
Building Permit Application Form
Once you have completed the Building Permit Application, you may bring it to the Public Works Department, 11 West Home Avenue, to submit it for review, or over the counter processing.
Over the counter permits include: replacement windows, siding, roofing (tear-off and re-roof), facia, soffit and gutters, and removal and replacement of sidewalks.
For other types of projects, please refer to our Permit Application Checklists, or call us at 630-834-8505, to inquire about requirements for your particular project.
Permit application checklists are provided (for larger projects) to help individuals come prepared with all the necessary materials required when submitting a permit application.
Residential Permit Application Checklists
Commercial Permit Application Checklists
All general contractors must be registered in the Village of Villa Park. The fee is $75. All general contractor licenses are valid for one year from date of issue.
All General Contractors listed on the building permit application shall show proof of a $2,000,000 aggregate insurance policy, $1,000,000 for public liability insurance, and $1,000,000 for property damage insurance.
To receive your General Contractors Card, print out and complete the General Contractors Application, and submit it with payment to:
Public Works Department
11 West Home Avenue
Villa Park, IL 60181