Dance Class Attire
Hair must be securely pulled back off the dancer's face for every class. Dancers will be asked to observe class without proper attire and / or hair.
- Ballet - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, skirts are acceptable, split sole ballet shoes for Intermediate and Advanced classes
- Jazz - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, black split sole jazz shoes
- Lyrical - Any solid color leotard, pink or black convertible tights, tan / nude lyrical shoes (e.g. Dance Paws, FootUndeez)
- Tap - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, black slip on or tie up tap shoes for Intermediate and Advanced classes
- Modern - Any solid color leotard, pink or black convertible tights, no shoes required
- Hip Hop - Jazz shoes or sneakers and comfortable clothing
- Dance Warm Ups - Dance warm ups (e.g. jazz pants, shrugs, leg warmers) may be worn to class but it is to the instructor's discretion to ask the dancer to remove them once class has begun.
Placement Day for the 2018-2019 Discover Dance Performance Teams!
The Discover Dance performance teams participate in local festivals and events throughout the year in addition to the Discover Dance recital. The Discover Dance teams will rehearse and perform through March 2019 (approximately) with the option of extending into spring and summer (separate registration fees). Participation is by placement only and requires enrollment in at least one additional technique class (excludes hip hop and general combo classes). Placement is based on each dancer’s technique and performance abilities (age is only used as a general guideline). Please come to placement day prepared in leotard and tights with jazz shoes and arrive 15 minutes early to complete necessary paperwork.
Ages: 5 and up
Iowa Community Center
Tuesday, July 10 5-9 pm
MAKEUP DATE: Thursday, August 2, 5 pm
Can’t make the date but still want to participate?
Contact Dance Director/Artistic Director Courtney Heneghan at CHeneghan@invillapark.com