Hair must be securely pulled back off the dancer's face for every class. Dancers will be asked to observe class without proper attire and / or hair.
- Ballet - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, skirts are acceptable, split sole ballet shoes for Intermediate and Advanced classes
- Jazz - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, black split sole jazz shoes
- Lyrical - Any solid color leotard, pink or black convertible tights, tan / nude lyrical shoes (e.g. Dance Paws, FootUndeez)
- Tap - Any solid color leotard, pink or black tights, black slip on or tie up tap shoes for Intermediate and Advanced classes
- Modern - Any solid color leotard, pink or black convertible tights, no shoes required
- Hip Hop - Jazz shoes or sneakers and comfortable clothing
- Dance Warm Ups - Dance warm ups (e.g. jazz pants, shrugs, leg warmers) may be worn to class but it is to the instructor's discretion to ask the dancer to remove them once class has begun.
2017-2018 Discover Dance Performance Teams
Placement Day for the 2017-2018 Discover Dance Performance Teams!
The Discover Dance Teams consist of performance teams that partake in numerous area based festivals and events throughout the year, in addition to the Discover Dance Recital. The Discover Dance Teams will rehearse and perform through March 2018 (approximately) with the option of extended Spring and Summer participation (separate registration fees). Participation is by placement only and requires enrollment in at least one additional technique class (excludes hip hop and general combo classes). Placement is based on each dancer’s technique and performance abilities (age is only used as a general guideline). Please come prepared in a leotard and tights with jazz shoes and arrive 15 minutes early to complete necessary paperwork.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5-7 pm
Ages: 5 and up
Iowa Community Center
MISSED TEAM PLACEMENTS? Don’t worry-there is a make-up date! Bring your dancer on Thursday, August 3 at 5 pm for their last chance to place on a 2017-2018 Discover Dance Team. Any high school dancers that want to come to the make-up date should arrive at 6:30 pm. Dancers must come prepared in a leotard and tights with jazz shoes and arrive 15 minutes early to complete necessary paperwork. Make-ups are held at the Iowa Community Center. Questions? Contact Ms. Courtney at CHeneghan@invillapark.com