Village transparency ensures municipal matters are approached in an accountable and transparent manner, with particular attention to openness, ethical, and fiscal responsibility.
- Elected and Administrative Officials - Browse a list of the city's personnel, both elected and administrative.
- Meeting Information
- Notices, Agendas, and Board Packet Materials - The Village website includes notices, agendas and board packet materials, as available, for all future public meetings of the Village Board. The Village Board meets at 7:30 p.m. the second, third and fourth Mondays in the Village Hall. The Formal Board Packet consists of Village Ordinances and Resolutions that will be discussed by the Village Trustees. This information will remain available on the Village's website for five years.
- Village Calendar - The Village calendar includes the tentative dates of Village Board meetings at least one year into the future. Meeting dates may be changed, and meetings may be cancelled, subject to the requirements of the Open Meetings Act.
- Annual Budgets - The Village budget is also online for review. The Village of Villa Park has won the Government Finance Officer Association's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for 19 consecutive years. The budget document is divided into financial / operating sections and a Long Range Capital Improvements plan. The individual sections of the budget document and the Capital Improvement Program can be downloaded using the link below.
- Expenditures -
- Financial Audits - The Village annual audit is known as a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The audit provides information on each individual Village fund and component unit. The Village of Villa Park has won the Government Finance Officer Association's Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 25 consecutive years.
- Salary and Benefits /DocumentCenter/View/1382
- Sugar Creek Golf Course 2013 Budget
- Sugar Creek Golf Course Annual Financial Report (AFR) 2013
- Sugar Creek Golf Course Resolution No 1470
- Sugar Creek Golf Course Resolution No 1585
- Taxes & Fees - The Village website includes the following: a central page showing the tax rate for all major Village revenue sources – property, income, sales, etc.; a detailed listing of all Village revenue sources; and, a fee schedule showing all Village fees on residents and business.
- Amusement Tax
- Emergency Transportation Fees
- Hotel/Motel Tax
- Miscellaneous License Fees
- Places for Eating or Restaurant Tax
- Property Taxes
- Sales Tax Rate
- Associations and Memberships - The Village website includes the names of any lobbying associations that the Village helps or previously helped to fund in the past 5 years, whether through association or membership dues or otherwise, and any contracts with any lobbying firms in the past 5 years. The Village of Villa Park has not contracted the services of a lobbying firm within the past five years and currently the Village does not retain the services of a lobbying firm.
- Bids and RFPs - The Village Manager prescribes the requirements that are to be met for free and open competitive bidding for the Village of Villa Park. The Village Manager also sets the procedures by which competitive bids shall be received, the time limit for receiving bids, and the process by which the bids are opened, accepted, examines and recommendations made to the board of trustees for acceptance or rejection. On all contracts and purchases where competitive bidding procedures are utilized requires a security deposit. Any work or other public improvement which is not to be paid for in whole or in part by special assessment or special taxation, when the expense exceeds twenty-thousand dollars ($20,000), shall be constructed by a contract let to the lowest bidder after advertising the bids. Bids can be waived by a vote of two-thirds of all trustees holding office.
- Submitting a Bid Proposal - Proposals shall be to the Village of Villa Park on Bidder's letterhead or proposal form. Sealed bids will be accepted at the Village of Villa Park Department of Public Works, located at 11 W. Home Avenue, until the specified Bid Deadline. Immediately thereafter, the proposals will be publicly opened and read aloud.
- Vendor Contracts - The Village website includes the following: open bids & proposals for all contracts for over $20,000, along with where and how to submit a bid or proposal; all approved vendor contracts for over $20,000, along with bids for those contracts, if applicable, and union contracts. Proprietary proposals will not be placed on the website.
- Union Contracts - The Village of Villa Park maintains collective bargaining agreements with four bargaining units. They are AFSCME Local 964, Firefighters Local 2392, MAP Chapter 24, and Teamsters Local 700. These agreements set forth the wages, terms and conditions of employment, and working conditions of the union staff members employed by the Village. Below are links to all of the current contracts that have been negotiated and their term dates for your information. If you have any questions regarding these contracts, please contact the Village Manager's office at 630-592-6052.
- Public Records and Freedom of Information - The Village website includes the name, address, phone number, and an electronic contact method for the Village Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer, along with the address, phone number, and electronic submission method for FOIA requests. The Village website includes the FOIA process response time and any fees charged by the Village in connection with FOIA requests and responses.
- Water Quality Reports